1. Kitchen island – including an island in your kitchen design is a great way of creating additional storage areas and increasing surface counter space. If the new design includes appliances that are on the other side, then you have to take into account that people will have difficulty reaching them or placing things next to them that would normally be accessible if they were on the other side of the kitchen.
2. Open architecture – breaking up boundaries between different rooms can show off your creative ideas and give a sense of spaciousness and freedom, as well as allowing more light into your home. This may also include creating a small open area between your dining room and living room, which is unobstructed by walls or doors for example.
3. Multi-functionality – designing your kitchen in a way that allows you to use parts of it for tasks other than cooking will ensure that the space stays organized and helps you save money on storage options.
4. Smart design – while each room should be designed with your own personal style, using smart design ideas can help you get more out of your remodeling project without breaking the bank. For example, instead of opting for custom cabinets try having built-in cabinetry which provides a seamless look, but also plenty of storage space for plates, flatware and glasses.
5. Renovate to reflect your lifestyle – no matter if life is hectic or laid back, you need a functional kitchen area that fits into how you live day-to-day. Modern technology has made it easier than ever to design your kitchen space for maximum usability, so make good use of that to help you create ideas that work.
6. Creative lighting – recessed lights are all well and good, but adding accent lighting in the form of pendants or chandeliers can give your kitchen a truly distinguished feel; especially if you choose fixtures with interesting shapes and textures.
7. Showcase natural materials – while many people prefer their kitchens to have an industrial look, using natural materials is a trend that won’t go away any time soon. Natural stone countertops are very trendy for example, as are wood cabinetry, brick walls or concrete flooring which can be used either in addition to or instead of carpeted walls.
8. Accentuate the features – if you have a beautiful river stone fireplace in your living room, but it’s not in use, don’t let that stop you from showing it off. Instead of painting over the brick surround for example, add ledgestone or decorative half-bricks to enhance its appearance and create focal points around kitchen appliances such as the ovens. This also works well when showcasing old reclaimed doors, antique tiles or other unique materials that can be transformed into decorative features without losing their character and appeal.
9. Use contrasts – large expanses of solid color tend to feel sterile and impersonal; especially in a kitchen which is supposed to make people feel warm and comfortable when they cook and eat with friends and family who will love it. Adding a few decorative features such as an interesting light fixture or reflective tiles for example can help give the whole space a contemporary feel that works well with open-plan design ideas.
10. Keep it clean – while many people like to add layers of molding and trims, spending hours removing grime from the walls, scrubbing tarnished fixtures and washing away dirt from floors will do more harm than good when it comes to kitchen remodeling ideas. If you have to make compromises between form and function in your kitchen renovation, always prioritize practicality over appearance.
There are many things that need to be taken into account when designing a brand new home or even a simple room within your house , but if you want to create a kitchen that is functional, efficient and stylish you will be much better off consulting with a professional kitchen designer. Trust us, the time and money you will save by doing so will be well worth it in the long run.
While kitchens are mainly crafted to cook food and store dishes, appliances and other utensils, small changes can completely turn them around. In fact, a kitchen redecorating project is a common home improvement task for many homeowners as it makes room look more spacious while adding another touch of elegance. Here are some kitchen remodeling ideas that make your cooking activities easier:
1. Think natural – instead of painting over those brick walls , consider adding ledgestone or half bricks as decorative features that serve as focal points around main appliances such as ovens . This also works great when showcasing reclaimed white cabinets or cabinetry.
2. Keep room organized – whether you’re planning to remodel, buy new cabinetry or simply repaint , make sure that you have ample space to store dishes while frequently used utensils are close by for convenience. Plus, keep the decor simple and let colors do all the talking.
3. Go green – if you don’t want your kitchen redecorating project to cost a lot of money, choosing recycled cabinets is one way to reduce expenses while giving extra charm to your cooking area . If budget is not an issue, installing solid marble countertops will certainly be worth it.
4. Add contrast – large expanses of solid color tend to feel impersonal, especially in a kitchen which is supposed to offer warmth and comfort. So, why not add some decorative features that serve as focal points?
5. Consider your needs – if you’re the type who loves hosting parties and gatherings in your home, then you might want to consider having a kitchen island with bar stools . Likewise, adding extra ovens or stovetops may also be necessary for large families.
6. Think outside the box – while many people like to add layers of molding and trims, spending hours removing grime from the walls , scrubbing tarnished fixtures and washing away dirt can do more harm than good when it comes to kitchen remodeling ideas . If you need to make compromises between form and function in your kitchen renovation, always prioritize practicality over appearance.
What look do you prefer in you kitchen decorating ideas when it comes to appliances? are you in love with a kitchen island for cooking or kitchen designs from the most avant garde European designers?
The trends in appliances have changed a lot in the last couple of years, and it can be really hard to keep up. But what’s wrong with having a kitchen island for cooking? In today’s post we’ll talk about all these gadgets – from ovens to ice makers.
Kitchen appliances are the things that actually do the work in your cooking area . And if you have been thinking of getting a new one or simply setting up a whole new kitchen because your old equipment has worn out, don’t forget to think about two important things: how much energy it eats and how much space it takes.
Ovens used to be bulky, hot and consumed loads of energy , but thanks God things have changed! Today you could find allpiances in almost every color and finish to suite any kitchen remodel.
Kitchen appliances brands offer sleek and stylish ovens that will fit any kitchen look and feel. You could easily match your other cabinets and countertops with the oven finish to achieve a uniform kitchen design, but if you need more than one oven, we encourage you to opt for an integrated design where your other cabinets begin right under the hood of the oven, as it upstages all those freestanding ranges out there.
Stainless steel is always a good choice when it comes to appliances , as this material offers loads of durability and clean look at low price. Most people prefer black stainless steel appliances as it goes really well with dark kitchens . Also combinations between stainless steel appliances and wood cabinetry are very big in today’s market.
Stainless steel appliances can give you kitchen a fresh modern look that tends towards a commercial or industrial look, Stainless steel appliances are a great look to combine with subway tiles, glass doors and open shelving. Using stainless steel appliances allows you to combine bold colors and pendant lighting for a kitchen remodel with a wow factor. Stainless steel appliances are also the number one choice for building a commercial grade kitchen in your home.
Black kitchen appliances can give our kitchen remodel a modern European looks that easily combines with subway tile, painted cabinets and quartz countertops. A modern kitchen can be an inspiring workspace for cooking. Kitchen cabinets with open shelves combined with white subway tiles give your kitchen remodel a crisp, clean eye catching look. Black appliances offer a sharp look that is guaranteed to be noticed. Many black appliances offer a finish that resists finger prints and are exceptionally easy to clean.
Bosch appliances are a leading brand in kitchen appliances . Every single Bosch appliance is engineered to the highest possible standards. That’s why home owners everywhere have made it a favorite of both professional chefs and cooking enthusiasts alike. The sleek, stainless steel design of Bosch appliances allows for easy clean up while their commercial durability gives you years of worry free use. If you’re considering a kitchen renovation that requires new appliances, consider adding some Bosch Appliances .
is more than just superior luxury appliances. The Viking culinary experience includes a world class restaurant, a highly-rated hotel and spa and an elite cooking school all in Greenwood, Mississippi. If you are looking for new equipment for refrigeration, kitchen cleanup, outdoor cooking accessories, or professional grade culinary equipment Viking has you covered.
Do you want to make your kitchen appliances the focal point in your kitchen remodel? Do you plan on showing off how clean our black stainless steel sparkles? Or do you prefer the modern European feel of having all your cabinets with open shelves?
If you want a classic vintage look for your kitchen remodel, white appliances can give a worn farmhouse feel to your new renovation. White is always popular for those who love the charm of old homes and evoking that time period. You can easily combine white appliances with butcher block countertops, masonry backsplashes and dutch colonial style cabinets. Whether you go with stainless steel or black, be sure to include these 3 must haves in your kitchen design ideas:
1. Open Shelves – To show off all of your bake ware casual dinnerware and glass serving dishes
2. Pendant Lighting – A great modern look for any kitchen space
3. Blender on Countertop – A fun element just right for entertaining.
Kitchen remodel ideas for countertops provide you an almost unlimited pallet of materials, colors and looks to choose from. Granite, laminates, quartzite, wood and concrete are just a few of the options available.
Popular and trending granite countertops . It is a timeless material that works well in any style of kitchen, especially transitional or contemporary. Granites come in various colors to suite your own personal style and preference. There are also numerous design options available to for you to select from when designing granite counters.
Another favorite option for many kitchens is laminates. They offer a rich look that can imitate wood or stone at far less the cost of having real hardwood installed throughout the entire house. Laminates are very durable and versatile making them an excellent choice for active families who may have younger children or large dogs running around their home. Laminate offers mold resistance so it’s easy to clean and provides a healthy food preparation surface.
Elegant, durable and stain resistant, quartz countertops add character and aesthetic value to you kitchen makeover. Quartz countertops can come in a variety of colors and patterns to suit your style.
New kitchen cabinet paint ideas provide you with endless possibilities when it comes to color selections. You have the option between natural wood tones that enhance the warmth of a space or bright white cabinets to add an airy feel. In addition, cabinets can be painted various shades of blue, green, yellow and brown depending on where you live and how you would like to decorate. Don’t forget to select a shade of tile similar to the color of your cabinets for a cohesive look throughout your kitchen renovation project.
Wood countertops when combined with wood cabinets and a farmhouse sink are an up and coming trend with interior designer. Upper cabinets and lower cabinets in a natural wood finish create a warm cozy environment to entertain guests when combined with comfy seating in the dining area. Consider the butcher block design when considering wooden countertops.
Your choice of lighting can be the key to an aesthetically pleasing design and a very on trend for kitchen remodeling ideas.
Pendant lights hung over a kitchen island or table can provide a great focal point. Hardwire pendants that are plugged into outlets, rather than hardwired into the ceiling, offer an opportunity for you to do some experimenting with different styles and colors.
Direct task lighting is essential if you plan on doing any type of food prep or cooking in your new kitchen makeover.
Under counter lighting provides an elegant look as well as functional. It’s easy to install and allows you to save energy by simply flipping a switch when you’re ready to use it.
You don’t have to break the bank for a fabulous kitchen remodel idea that will be a breath of fresh air for you contemporary kitchen.
A kitchen island with a built in grill is like having the best of both worlds.
Another trendy kitchen design idea is one that eliminates walls altogether, allowing for maximum open space. This type of design is particularly popular with smaller kitchens where standard layouts often make it difficult to find adequate counter and storage space. Open floor plans are on trend with interior designers because they encourage togetherness while cooking and dining which you will be able to enjoy more frequently if you have an open concept layout throughout your home.
When planning your next remodel project consider your lighting options, countertop material, cabinet colors and paint ideas along with cabinets that coordinate well for a cohesive look throughout new kitchen installations.
Another area that can be of concern when the whole kitchen is being turned into a cool space is accessibility. When creative ways are being introduced to your old kitchen will every member of the family be able to enjoy it. Is the cabinetry installed at the correct height? is the entire kitchen visible to everyone. These are some questions that you need to consider before you decide on a new kitchen design.
You don’t have to break the bank for a fabulous kitchen makeover idea and your entire family will appreciate it as well.
Has your renovated kitchen with open shelving, marble countertops and stainless steel started to look a little dull? Consider a fresh coat of paint to make it pop again. Sometime you don’t need a complete kitchen renovation to make you contemporary kitchen the focus of you house again. The kitchen is the heart of the house and fresh paint can sometime bring it back into the spotlight.
Kitchen remodeling ideas are much more than just throwing a farmhouse sink, subway tile and kitchen cabinets into the room and hoping it looks great. Kitchen design takes a certain flair and hiring a professional designer for you kitchen renovation can make the space easily accessible and turn a small kitchen into the perfect place to prepare meal and entertain. A professional designer and bring kitchen remodeling ideas for a kitchen island, wood cabinets and limestone countertops that you might have not ever considered.
New appliances, kitchen cabinets, a kitchen island, and marble countertops are all ingredients for kitchen designs that are stunning when used n the correct combination. Successful kitchen designs are like great meals, sometimes the preparation matters more than the ingredients. Will you have enough space in your modern small kitchen to accommodate the workflow you use everyday? Kitchen design by a professional can make you modern kitchen the work space of your dreams. What are you waiting for?
A new kitchen design need not be an extensive remodeling project to change the way you cook and entertain in your small modern kitchen. Preparing meals will be more fun when your contemporary kitchen has all of the amenities like open shelving, sinks, appliances and cabinets that coordinate well with each other. By removing walls to make an open layout or keeping them in place if your budget doesn’t permit complete renovation, you can get many of the benefits of having an open concept space to work in without losing cabinet storage space for all of your dishes and appliances. As you get ready for your next meal get out your paintbrush rather than that hammer because fresh paint can give any kitchen a great look with minimal effort.